I don’t think I’ve stopped eating since Christmas Eve, nor do I remember what it feels like to be hungry. We are truly blessed. Adding to the gluttony, I finally had a chance to use those browning bananas on the counter.
This muffin recipe is a combo of a couple recipes I found online with a few of my own tweaks (less sugar, less salt, more whole wheat flour and more bananas). They turned out fluffy, moist and mouth watering taaaasty…Enjoy!
Blueberry Banana Nut Muffins
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, smashed
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
Optional: a dash of ground cinnamon and a dash of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with liners.
- Combine butter, sugar, and mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Mix in egg, milk, and vanilla. Sprinkle in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the blueberries and chopped walnuts. Do not overmix.
- Divide mixture equally into muffin cups.
- Optionally, sprinkle the muffin tops with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Insert a toothpick into the center of the muffin; if it comes out clean, it’s done!